Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.Neale Donald Walsch
If you are breathing, able to bring food, have a hot shower, have internet, have a job, you are already luckier than a majority of the people in the world. But do you want to live a life that is a cycle of the same day repeating itself for 85 years? In order to grow it is essential to break out of the stagnancy.
Everyday brings with it a unique set of opportunities. We can take them or leave them. It is your choice. The choices you’ve made so far have brought you here. They reflect your future. If you want to bring positive change and growth in your life you have to break out of your comfort zone.
Here are 3 ways you can break out of your comfort zone –
- Do something super challenging – For example, my husband and I run a Marathon (42.2 kms or 26.2 miles) every year. We all know that it hurts,,,, a lot. Yet every weekend we spend more than 10 hours training. Even after all these years, it is not easy. It is a commitment that we make to ourselves. We could easily live our life running shorter distances and still be fit.
- Think about ‘what would be the worst thing that could happen’ – At the most, if you fail, no one is going to think less of you. It is never going to be as bad as you think. On the other hand, you will become more resilient.
- Make a plan, take action – Stop overthinking it and take action. It is hard to get started but once you get going, you will be unstoppable.
Ten examples of breaking of your comfort zone –
- Smile towards people as much as possible
- Go on a plant based diet for a month – this will help you grow and the environment 🙂
- Read something new – Join me in reading ‘Atomic Habits’ by James clear this month.
- Stop browsing the phone when in public spaces.
- Learn new skills
- Start a new blog/business.
- Run a marathon/triathlon.
- Try a new recipe – make it a fun sunday thing to do.
- Hang out with people who are more successful than you. This is a good one. I really need to work more towards this.
- Learn a new language.
Life is different outside of your comfort zone. I see a lot of people blatantly denying to do anything over what is expected of them. It makes me sad seeing all this potential just go to waste. If there is one thing to take away from EVERY SINGLE SUCCESSFUL PERSON on the earth is that they went out of their comfort zone.