The struggles along the way are only meant to shape you for your purpose.Chadwick Boseman
Let’s face it, 2020 has not been anyone’s favorite year. We have lost people we love, people we looked up to, have faced natural calamities (to say the least), have dealt with hard big questions like racism, crazy leaders, and all this while going through a global pandemic. I don’t want to sound negative or gloomy but i think it is safe to say every single one of us has faced struggles this year that we could not possibly have been prepared for.
We have about 116 days left to the end of the year. We can wallow in all the grief and bad news coming our way, or we can learn from our struggles and mistakes and use them to our advantage. Here are 5 strategies to come out of this year as a superhero.
- Know that this will make you stronger – Learn from your struggles and lessons and come out of this stronger. Any future hurdles will look a lot less intimidating one you have been through this.
- Celebrate small wins – Our original 2020 plan may not be something that may be feasible anymore. But progress is still progress. Celebrate your little wins. It may be as simple as following a health plan, or eating healthy, trying out a new hobby, launching that new product.
- Give yourself some grace – Treat yourself with kindness. Talk to someone to discuss how you feel. Mental health is as important as accomplishing all our goals.
- Think long term – Make a plan to achieve your long term goals. Set your vision. Make key changes that will allow you to work through the current times but keep the big picture in mind while making the plan.
- Start thinking about creating multiple sources of income – Many people have been hit by these hard times financially. It is always a good idea to set up multiple streams of income. Start a side hustle, blog, investment, or start planning for one.
We have a gift of just over a 100 days coming our way. It’s time to use them effectively.