There is no downside to a side hustle. There are only benefits to building more than one source of income. A side hustle is the new job security.Forbes.com
There is always a way to make some extra income. But unlike what most people promise, it is not free money. It will take time and energy to build, nurture and grow. In this day and age, there thousands of ways to ethically create a side income.
Here are 5 reasons why you need a side hustle:
- To tap into your creative side – Our everyday life often becomes quite repetitive. Over time we lose our creativity, this adds on stress and anxiety. A creative side hustle is the perfect way to relieve a bit of stress.
- Extra income – Making money from your ‘hobby’ is quite a bit of motivation to keep it going especially on days when you don’t want to. From my fairly new handmade business, I make upto $500 monthly income, and more than $1000 per month in the months leading up to christmas. Here is a shameless plug, check out my super fun handmade store (Handmade Over Coffee, I also sell on Etsy)
- You have time – I have had the thought come into my mind, “if I had the time, I would (blank).” It could be learn a new language, paint, travel, run, exercise. We all have some time that we could prioritize for a side hustle. Imagine making $$ for every hour spent on this. Start a marathon training you tube channel if you are going to start training for a marathon.
- You can choose – This side hustle can be literally anything you choose it to become. You can be in charge of everything. You can choose if you want to go big or small. You can make it big enough replace your full time job.
- Purpose – Your side hustle can fulfil an additional purpose. It can be an online course, a youtube channel, a blog, or a different way to serve more people. It takes a little patience to set up but it is so satisfying to see the extra income being deposited into your account.
My side hustle definitely give me an added purpose. I have a drive to come home from work and get onto my orders. I love making the bags that I make and shipping them off to people. It is satisfying to see people using your products and liking them.
Do you have a side hustle? Share your links with me!