Mindset is everything. Our life is what our brain perceives. We are raised with certain mindset. But be aware that the people we spend our time with and the environment are the biggest influencers of our mindset.
Here are some mindset shifts that are so simple but very impactful –
- Your life is your responsibility – You have control over your decisions. Everything that ‘happens to us’ in our life is a result of a choice we’ve made.This is so important I am going to say it again. Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you made. Once you start taking responsibility for the things that have happened in your life, everything starts changing slowly to what you want it to be.
- Not worrying about what others think of us – We are constantly worried about that others think of us. But in reality, everyone is busy dealing with things in their lives. They dont really care whats going on with you. Once we stop thinking about what others think, we can make decisions based on on our goals and values. This is way easier said than done. A tendency to keep competing with the society is deep rooted and we need to constantly reevaluate our goals and values and consequently ou decisions to make sure they align.
- Experiences are superior to things – ‘Things’ will solve a purpose for a moment and provide you with gratification for only a few moments. Experiences stay with you forever. Life is short, create memories, enjoy the experiences more than accumulating stuff in your house. Buy things only if they bring your joy and you are unable to live without them. Keep life simple.
- No such thing as luck – Opportunities come to those looking for it. Diligence, perseverance cannot be replaced by luck. If there is something as luck then let that be the cherry on top.
- Enough to go around – This abundance mindset is huge game changer. There is enough to go around. Be it money, or success. If someone else is in a job you would like, learn and work towards it. There is enough of everything to go around, we dont need to pull anyone else down to shine brighter.
Did you have any mindset shifts to add to this? Please comment below.