As the cliche goes, we all get exactly the same amount of time in the day and the week. After a busy week, weekend comes and goes way too quickly. Weekend is more than 48 hours that are basically for you to recharge, rejuvenate, to get ready to serve and be a 100% at work for the next 5 days. If you feel like you barely get anything done on the weekend, then it’s time to review your weekend schedule under a magnifying glass.
Here are 5 things you can do on your weekends to maximize productivity-
- Recharge/selfcare/downtime – call it whatever your want. But you definitely need some time for yourself to relax. This will look completely different for everyone. For me it looks like spending a bit extra time at the gym or run outside, without the pressure of having to get somewhere.
- Nature walk – Every fortnight, Jay and I plan a little hike nearby. It just helps us get away from the constant emails, things to do, clears our mind, and gives us a little distance. In my head, my life is anything but mundane, but this is adds a little punctuation, and definitely something we look forward to.
- Work on side hustle – Every weekend, I get me handmade stuff ready for the week to make it as smooth as possible. Get my supplies, fill in my orders, shipping supplies ready. I set up my blog posts for the two weeks at a time so, Jay and I can have more time together.
- Sunday night week planning – Every sunday night just take about 10 mins to plan out your week. including next weekend activities. This ensures a smooth transition through the week and fewer decisions to make.
- Minimize chores – If you notice, none of the above things include going grocery shopping, meal prepping, or laundry. Jay and I try to get these things done during week nights. Divide and conquer on these chores. They tend to take up most of your weekend if you don’t protect them with your life.
At the end of the weekend, feel accomplished, rejuvenated, and ready to take on the new week. Definitely change your mindset about Mondays. It should be something you look forward and appreciate that you get to have the hustling bustling busy life. If it is not your style then maybe change something about it. Weekdays and weekends have different purposes.
How do you spend your weekends? Share your stories with me.